Happy Thanksgiving! This year we went to my In-Laws for Thanksgiving. I had already decided that I was going to just eat turkey, salad, and whatever non saucy vegetable they offered. Other than having a second helping of a small piece of turkey (about 2 oz.) I stuck to my plan. My MIL was nice enough to make sugar-free jello for me for dessert. I didn’t feel deprived because I didn’t have mashed potatoes, bread or sweet potato casserole. I felt full and we had a great time with my husbands parents. I couldn’t ask for better In-Laws. They raised a wonderful, caring, and giving son who I am very fortunate to have met and married.
Stats for this week:
- Starting weight: 191 lbs
- Today: 159 lbs (11/26/2014)
- Loss to date: 32 lbs
- Remaining: 29 lbs
Can you believe that I am less than 30 lbs from my goal weight! I am so thrilled with the results I have gotten from TSFL/Medifast. My success is due to many factors.
- I am ready to change how I eat. I have changed my view on food. I view it as fuel and not as a treat because I had a bad or good day. I am not going to eat food in response to my emotions, I am going to eat when I need to. I have also learned that I need to fill my plate halfway with vegetables, 1/4 with protein and the last quarter for an optional food.
- I changed “I can’t” eat that to “I don’t” eat that. It’s not that a certain food is forbidden for me to eat. (We all know how forbidden foods lead to craving.) It’s that I don’t eat that. Just as I can’t eat dairy and acidic foods due to my chrons, I don’t eat foods that aren’t healthy at every meal.
- Support from my TSFL Coach Sara and from my friends and family. Support has been invaluable to me. Sara answers any questions I have and has offered lean & green meal ideas. She also makes sure I have a plan in place for upcoming holidays. My family and friends aren’t bringing over cookies and cakes. None of them pressure me to eat more or to just take a bit. They have been my cheerleaders and I love them for helping me.
- I have a plan. With less than 30 lbs to go until I reach goal, I am already planning for my maintenance step. I am using Plan to Eat and I am creating a new recipe book that will no longer have heavy carb recipes. I already know carbs (bread and pasta are my kryptonite) trigger binge eating for me.