So what was in the box I received?
- Lumiere d’hiver Clarifying Shampoo $32 for full size 8.5 oz – This Shampoo has a perfume scent. Normally I’m not fond of scents, but this was very light. My sample size had enough for me to wash my hair 4 times if I used it sparingly. It did not strip my hair and was very gentle which I need with curly hair. I have a hard time paying $32 for shampoo, but it if goes on sale, I would buy it.
- Lumiere d’hiver Reconstructing Mask $58 for full size 5.1 oz – I was very sad I could only get 2 uses out of the sample size. Seeing the price, I completely understand why it was small. This is a great conditioner. I am seriously considering getting it and only using it on the tips of my hair which dries out from blow drying and flat ironing.
- Dr Lipp original nipple balm for lips (I kid you not, it’s on the tube) $14.50 for full size .507 oz/15ml – I absolutely loved the Dr. Lipp and will be purchasing it. I used it at night and my lips felt soft and hydrated in the morning. I will definitely be using this on my upcoming trip in February to Hong Kong. Long (16 hours) plane rides mean I need some serious hydration.
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator – $34 for full size 4.23 oz – A nice facial scrub which did not cause any redness or irritation on my skin. I didn’t find that it did any better than my St. Ives apricot scrub that I get for $7. I didn’t notice any brightening of my skin, however, I have only used the product for a week. I will continue until my sample is gone and I will update this page if I see a difference.
- Dr.Jart+ BB Beauty Balm spf 25 $36 for full size 1.5 oz – Ahh Dr. Jart+ how do I love thee. I just don’t love the price tag. You evened out my skin tone beautifully (hard to do with all my freckles). I wore it out of the house without adding any other makeup (well other than filling in my eyebrows). It covers more than a tinted moisturizer but less than some foundations.
- Coastal Scents Revealed Palette Sampler in Ballerina $19.95 for 20 shade palette – What can I say its eyeshadow. It worked well like all my other eyeshadows. I would easily use half of the shades in this palette. I think for $20 it’s a decent buy.
I think I will be putting the reconstructing mask and Dr. Jart+ on my christmas list. They are both a bit more than what I am willing to pay on myself. Have you given any thoughts to trying out BirchBox?